Monday, April 27, 2015

Proud Google Addict -- JVP

Google definitely has too much power. But what's the alternative? Bing? I'll pass! I'll happily pass.

Google may save everything I search and use it to try to manipulate the ads I see or whatever but I see that as quality customer service. Some of it could change but I don't see most of it as a big deal. What can change, you ask? When I'm doing a research paper it is harder to find credible searches because Google tries to tailor the search results to my recent search history -- which is tough when I am doing a paper on religion and because of my ideology, I get secular links all over the first few pages.

Google has done a phenomenal job marketing itself, that's for damn sure. I am literally on Chrome all day and YouTube is one of my five most viewed sites. Does this mean I am addicted to Google? Maybe but "addicted" is kind of a strong term. I'd say I am committed to Google. Like what really makes Google great? It's just convenient and simple, people like that.
Like Apple.
Android devices try to compete with Apple but Apple has a fan base -- as odd as that sounds. I have always steered away from Apple because I find the price range unreasonable but I just got my first iPhone -- iPhone 5s, to be exact, and I love it. No knock on Android, but this phone is simple, gives me the apps I need and is pretty simple.

I do not buy that Google endangers our privacy, it could easily do so but I don't think it currently does. Unless we elect a crazy president who tries to become a dictator, I don't see Google turning over information to the NSA. If that does happen, you can find me on the first thing smoking to South Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment